What is the Dads Tuning into Kid’s program?
Dads Tuning in to Kids is a parenting program that aims to give fathers helpful ways of teaching their child the skills of emotional intelligence. This program teaches ‘emotion coaching’ which is to recognise, understand and respond to children’s emotions in an accepting, supportive way. These are the same skills that are taught in Tuning in to Kids®, however the Dad’s program provides additional content particularly relevant to fathers. This approach nurtures a positive parent child relationship and helps parents support children to understand and manage their emotions.
Who can join the Dad’s Tuning into Kids program?
Fathers of children under age 10 (approx.)
What can the Dad’s Tuning into Kids program help me with?
The course can help you learn:
- Awareness and regulation of your own emotions
- Awareness of your children’s emotions
- To use children’s emotional experiences as an opportunity for closeness and teaching
- Skills in assisting children to verbally label and manage their emotions
- Skills in assisting children in problem solving
- To guide children’s behaviour with appropriate limits.
How long will the sessions take?
This is a 6-week program with weekly sessions of two hours.
Please make an enquiry if you would like to book an appointment for one of our services. Alternatively, you can live chat with us during business hours.