Following the breakdown of a marriage many parents struggle with the relationship with their children. This is a challenging time for all concerned and is stressful for both children and adults.
Children who cope best in this situation have parents who:
- Keep their conflict away from the children as much as possible
- Listen to how the children feel about things
- Tell the children that they are working together to sort things out
- Explain that it’s not the children’s fault.
To help manage these changes you could access the following family and relationship services:
- Attend Parenting after Separation 4-week program
- Seek individual counselling for yourself and your children
- Attend family counselling