What is the Tuning into Teens program?
Tuning in to Teens is a parenting program that aims to give you helpful ways of teaching your teenager the skills of emotional intelligence. This program teaches ‘emotion coaching’ which is to recognise, understand and respond to children’s emotions in an accepting, supportive way. This approach nurtures a positive parent child relationship and helps parents support their teenager to understand and manage their emotions.
Who can join the Tuning into Teens program?
Parents of children over age 10 (approx.)
What can the Tuning into Teens program help me with?
The course can help you learn:
- Awareness and regulation of your own emotions
- Awareness of your teen’s emotions
- To use teens emotional experiences as an opportunity for closeness and teaching
- Skills in assisting teens to verbally label and manage their emotions
- Skills in assisting teens in problem solving.
How long will the sessions take?
This is a 6-week program with weekly sessions of two hours.
Please make an enquiry if you would like to book an appointment for one of our services. Alternatively, you can live chat with us during business hours.