With the current restrictions we have had to close our consulting rooms, however we are still providing our services by phone and video.
In this time of heightened need, clients or enquirers can call us on 1800-639-523 or use the make an online enquiry option below. Learn More

x Quick Exit Clicking on the Quick Exit button will bring up a Google search page so it is not immediately noticeable that you have been visiting our site, but it will not clear the Better Place Australia website from the browser history or back button.



High Street Medical Centre, 17 High Street
Bunyip, VIC 3815

T 1800 639 523 T 1800 639 523


Fitzroy Legal Service, Level 4, 126 Moor Street (access via courtyard)
Fitzroy, Victoria 3065

T 03 9355 4700 T 03 9355 4700


Diamond Valley Community Support Centre, Shop 378a, Level 3 Greensborough Plaza
Greensborough, Victoria 3088

T 03 9355 4700 T 03 9355 4700


Pakenham Springs Centre, 5 Livingstone Blvd
Pakenham, VIC 3810

T 03 8781 9111 T 03 8781 9111


Please fill in the details and we will
endeavour to contact you within 2 working days to make a suitable appointment. Thanks.

To use CAPTCHA, you need Really Simple CAPTCHA plugin installed.



Make an enquiry

Please fill in your enquiry and we will endeavour to contact you the next working day.



Main Menu

Mediation & Dispute Resolution

We’re still here to support you

The recent coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak can cause increased stress and conflict due to a range of issues brought by self-isolation, access, or needing to change parenting arrangements. We can help with your concerns – speak to one of our experienced practitioners.

Whether married, de facto or same-sex, family separations can be stressful and emotional.

Family Dispute Resolution (FDR) is a mediation process for separating couples to address their parenting issues without having to incur the cost (financial and emotional) of  going through court proceedings.

In fact the Commonwealth Family Law Act 1975 requires couples with parenting issues to attend FDR and make a ‘genuine effort’ to resolve their issues prior to lodging a court application. Therefore, FDR practitioners must be accredited and registered with the Federal Attorney General’s department to practice in Australia.

It can also be used by grandparents, step-parents or other family members who have had a significant relationship with a child and want to continue that relationship despite the breakdown of the parents’ relationship.

What sort of issues can you help me with?

Family Dispute Resolution can help you to:

What can I expect from family dispute resolution?

For a full explanation of the FDR process including how we work with your ex-partner, download our FDR fact sheet. View a case study to see how family dispute resolution works.

  Family Dispute Resolution and The FDR Process.

 FDR case study


Want to find out what Family Law legal terms mean? What is ‘best interests’? What is the difference between ‘separation’ and ‘divorce’?

The Family Law TermFinder is a free and accessible instant plain language translation tool.

What do I do next?

If you’d like to know more or make a time to see us, give us an obligation free call on 1800 639 523.

Back to Top