We’re still here to support you
These are stressful times for everyone. If you are struggling with debt, financial hardship, financial counselling support is available to help you manage the affects of the coronavirus (COVID-19) upon your financial situation and your debt issues.
If unpaid bills are mounting up or you can foresee a financial disaster on the horizon you need to take action.
Whether it be due to over-commitment, lack of income, gambling issues, health problems or separation, Better Place Australia can help you to identify and manage the debts appropriately.
We can establish a debt management plan, speak to creditors and negotiate on your behalf.
With unwavering professional and practical support, you can work with a Financial Counsellor to contain your financial situation and address your future needs.
Our service is free, confidential and all our Financial Counsellors are highly qualified and experienced.
Please note that financial counselling is NOT the same as a potentially costly debt consolidation service.
Do I qualify for free financial counselling?
If you are experiencing any of the following, you may be eligible for free financial counselling:
- unable to pay your bills on time
- receiving disconnection notices for power, water or phone
- not able to pay the minimum monthly payments on your credit cards or loans
- behind on your rent or mortgage
- unable to cover unexpected expenses like car repairs or infringements
- worried about things being repossessed
- facing bankruptcy.