We’re here to support you
Looking after your mental health and well-being is important during these unsettling times. If you are feeling stressed, anxious and finding it difficult to cope due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, a counsellor or a psychologist can help you develop effective ways to reduce anxiety.
Why seek counselling?
Seeking counselling is perfectly normal for older people and can help you with building positive ways to respond to life’s challenges.
You can discuss personal things that you might not be able to discuss with family and friends, a counsellor can help support you in a confidential and non-judgemental way.
Who uses Counselling?
Many older people use counselling for any number of reasons such as:
- Needing help dealing with strong emotions such as grief or sadness
- Can’t move on from lost relationships
- Feeling helpless about the situation you find yourself in today
- Struggling with the transition that life brings
- Are in conflict with those close to you be it partners, family, carers, friends or children, or;
- Want an impartial, non-judgmental person to talk to about their problems.
What does Counselling do?
The counsellor explores with you the difficulties and issues you may be facing. Counselling helps you to see things more clearly and from a different perspective. The objective is to assist you to make positive changes in response to your issues.
An experienced counsellor can help you to:
- Understand your relationships with your adult children as they are now and how they have changed
- Work on relationships with others in your life such as carers
- Discover ways to respond to your life transitions
- Viewing your life experiences with a positive perspective
- Identify your feelings in a safe place
- Cope with difficult life circumstances, and;
- Create positive family experiences.
What won’t Counsellors do?
Our counsellors won’t:
- Give advice or be judgemental
- Get emotionally involved
- Commit you to long-term therapy (services are at your discretion).
Please make an enquiry if you would like to book an appointment for one of our services. Alternatively, you can live chat with us during business hours.