We’re here to support you
Looking after your mental health and well-being is important during these unsettling times. If you are feeling stressed, anxious and finding it difficult to cope due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, a counsellor or a psychologist can help you develop effective ways to reduce anxiety.
This is a counselling program designed by Better Place Australia for men. It is a service best suited for men who are wanting to learn how to build and repair relationships. A counsellor can help you learn how to create positive family relationship experiences.
Who uses Men’s Counselling?
Men who are:
- Needing help dealing with strong emotions such as loss, sadness, anger, confusion
- Can’t move on from past relationships.
- Want to gain support and guidance to enhance their current relationship
- Are in conflict with those close to them be it partners, parents, family, friends, colleagues or children
- Struggling with self worth and self esteem
- Want help to identify what isn’t working in their lives
- Want an impartial, non-judgmental person to talk to about their problems.
What does Men’s Counselling do?
Our Men’s counselling program objective is to help men make a positive life change. The Counsellor can help you to:
- Focus on your personal responsibility
- Work with you in identifying your strengths in order to promote positive change
- Gain a thorough understanding of your situation and how your decisions impact others
- Understand your family history and trigger points
- Develop emotional regulation strategies
- Clarify healthy relationship boundaries
- Understand yourself and how you relate to others
- Identify unhelpful thinking that can negatively impact your life
- Reframe your current relationships and how you can positively change.
Better Places Australia is also able to provide this service for younger people who are in conflict with their parents or other family members.
Depending upon the client Better Place Australia may also encourage the use of apps between sessions to supplement the counselling service.
How many sessions will I need?
This program consists of a maximum of 8 sessions. The program is intended to be provided over three months. Beyond this Better Place Australia can support you through referral to other support services such as Financial Counselling, Family Dispute Resolution, mental health services and Parenting groups. Attendance reports can be issued upon request.
What won’t Counsellors do?
- Give advice or be judgemental
- Diagnose mental illness or prescribe medication (only doctors can do that)
- Take sides or referee a disagreement.
Please make an enquiry if you would like to book an appointment for one of our services. Alternatively, you can live chat with us during business hours.