At Better Place Australia we strive to uphold and maintain our guiding principles in all that we do.
These principles maintain the standards that we as an organisation strive to uphold every day.
People matter to us. All those who contact the team at Better Place Australia, regardless of background will be treated with care, promptness, respect, professionalism and dignity.
We want people to become empowered, by providing them with support and assistance to learn and grow and achieve goals that they otherwise may not have been able to achieve.
We strive to do things better – always looking to innovate our services and make access easier and the experience more fulfilling for our clients.
A core principle is the safety of both our clients and employees, this is a paramount non negotiable principle.
Our focus to deliver these guiding principles is determined by the strength of four key business pillars. When delivered, each of these pillars will see Better Place Australia achieve it’s goals.
Make a Difference
The overall aim of this strategic pillar is to ensure Better Place Australia achieves a positive impact on its clients, staff and the communities it serves. The two underlying premises of this aim is that staff are critical to good client outcomes, and that by adopting a public health approach, with stronger focus on prevention, Better Place Australia will make a stronger positive impact on people’s lives.
- A better place for clients – consolidate new services and create the best possible experience for our clients
- A better place for staff – engaged and high performing workforce
- Better results – sustainable outcomes through effective evidence-based services
- Safe and secure – strengthen responses to prevent and manage incidents of family violence and improve
Growth and Sustainability
With a long and successful history spanning 35 years the overall aim of this strategy pillar is to ensure Better Place Australia prospers well into the future, and continues to provide much needed services to those people most in need. Continued growth and sound financial management will enable Better Place Australia to invest in new approaches to support individuals and communities, and grow the sector knowledge base through sound research.
- Strengthen financial position
- Build philanthropy fund-raising
- Consolidate recent growth and effectively embed new services
- Prepare and respond to the COVID-19 impact on communities.
With a rapidly changing sector, growing population, increasing diversity and community needs, this strategic pillar aims to build a dynamic, creative, inventive and daring organisation that pushes boundaries and explores new frontiers.
- Create a Better Place for Kids – specialised services for children
- Establish Better Pride within the LGBTIQ+ community
- Technology as our enabler.
Brand and Reputation
Often described as a quite achiever, for over 36 years Better Place Australia has delivered much needed services across Victoria and has now grown to an organisation that sees 9,000 new clients per year, has over 125 staff across 23 locations in Victoria. A leader in delivering high quality services, Better Place Australia’s next stage of development is to build stronger awareness of the Better Place Australia brand and gain a reputation as a thought leader, influencer and innovator.
- Social Impact – grow our influence across stakeholders, policy makers and the sector
- Grow reputation and influence through research, policy and advocacy.