Better Place Australia has a vision of “An Australia where all people experience positive relationships, truly value each other and live safer, more confident lives”. As a community focused not-for-profit organisation with an ever-growing range of mental health and community support services, Better Place Australia is taking a leadership role in the provision of high-quality, effective service delivery across 25 locations in Victoria.
This is an opportunity to join our expanding team of highly experienced and passionate people who want to make Australia a better place.
Financial Counsellors support clients to resolve or alleviate financial stress and to improve their ongoing financial capability and inclusion. This role will involve telephone-based service delivery via the National Debt Helpline (NDH). Key work tasks include:
- Assessing a client’s financial situation to understand the extent of a person’s financial difficulties and to identify options to address these;
- Conducting interviews with clients over the phone to provide triage services as required;
- Booking face to face appointments for clients and refer to other services including other Financial Counselling services where applicable;
- Advising clients on how to access a range of entitlements and resources to improve their ability to manage their financial affairs.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Prospective candidates must possess a Diploma of Community Services (Financial Counselling), have experience in assisting clients in financial crisis and hardship and be eligible for membership of the Financial Counselling Victoria (FCVic). Other essential criteria include the ability to think creatively and develop innovative solutions to issues as they arise, excellent communication skills, well developed interpersonal skills and the ability to rapidly build rapport with clients.
Better Place Australia is serious about being an employer of choice and to back that claim we offer:
- Generous above award salary rates
- Salary packaging (which increases your take home pay)
- Additional paid annual leave (between Christmas and New Year)
- Annual leave loading of 17.5%
- An 11% superannuation contribution
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Up to 20 days family violence leave
- Paid study leave and extensive professional development opportunities
- Work from home arrangements (NDH service delivery)
Better Place Australia offers a workplace culture reflective of a vibrant, learning organisation where our people are highly engaged in their work and committed to making a difference. As an equal opportunity employer, we aim to create an inclusive environment where differences including gender, age, culture, disability, sexuality and family and caring responsibilities are valued. We invite you to be part of a not for profit organisation that fosters a diverse workplace.
Here at Better Place Australia, we embrace flexible ways of working including work from home. We encourage you to talk to us about what flexibility might look like for you and your individual needs.
This position is available on a part-time basis (0.8 FTE) at our Cheltenham office.
Our organisation is committed to child safety and satisfactory completion of a Working with Children Check and National Police Check are mandatory for the preferred candidate.
Please note that pursuant to the Acting Chief Health Officer’s COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Direction (No 5), Better Place Australia requires employees to be vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 Vaccination and to provide evidence of vaccination by way of uploading a Digital Vaccination Certificate to our HRIS Information System (ConnX). You will be provided with relevant information including compliance dates during the recruitment process
Whilst we appreciate the interest of all prospective candidates, please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Apply today!
Please make an enquiry if you would like to book an appointment for one of our services. Alternatively, you can live chat with us during business hours.