Better Place Australia has a vision of “An Australia where all people experience positive relationships, truly value each other and live safer, more confident lives”. As a community focused not-for-profit organisation with an ever-growing range of psychological and community support services, Better Place Australia is taking a leadership role in the provision of high-quality, effective services for a wide range of community groups across 25 locations in Victoria. This is an opportunity to join our expanding team of highly experienced and passionate people who want to make Australia a better place.
The successful candidate/s will report directly to the Executive Manager Mental Health Services and specific areas of accountability will include:
- Program management including external funding body/stakeholder engagement, operational planning and operational-financial-compliance reporting;
- Clinical practice management including provision of team leadership, clinical capacity management, clinical supervision, raising of ethical and therapeutic standards and professional development;
- Consultation into complex clinical cases, and;
- Regional site operations management, including local service coordination across a multi-disciplinary team, and local administration.
Required Qualifications and Experience
To be considered for appointment, prospective candidates will require a tertiary qualification in Psychology and registration with AHPRA as a Psychologist or a tertiary qualification in Social Work and eligibility as an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker. The appointee/s will possess demonstrable career experience as a registered Mental Health Practitioner together with extensive experience in delivering therapeutic interventions across a range of mental health areas. Well-developed leadership and emotional intelligence skills are essential as is a proven ability to engage others, influence organisational culture and provide clear direction. Experience managing a multidisciplinary team would be a distinct advantage.
Better Place Australia is serious about being an employer of choice, to back that claim we offer:
- Generous above award salary rates
- Salary packaging (which increases your take home pay)
- Additional annual leave (between Christmas and New Year)
- Annual leave loading of 17.5% loading
- An 11% superannuation contribution
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Up to 20 days family violence leave
- Paid study leave and extensive professional development opportunities
Here at Better Place Australia, we embrace flexible ways of working including work from home. We encourage you to talk to us about what flexibility might look like for you and your individual needs.
This role is a full-time position based out of our Narre Warren office. Please note that in the COVID-19 climate, we are currently working remotely from home.
Better Place Australia offers a workplace culture reflective of a vibrant, learning organisation where our people are highly engaged in their work and committed to making a difference. As an equal opportunity employer, we aim to create an inclusive environment where differences including gender, age, culture, disability, sexuality and family and caring responsibilities are valued. We invite you to be part of a not for profit organisation that fosters a diverse workplace.
Our organisation is committed to child safety and satisfactory completion of a Working with Children Check and National Police Check are mandatory for the preferred candidate.
Whilst we appreciate the interest of all prospective candidates, please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Apply today!
Please make an enquiry if you would like to book an appointment for one of our services. Alternatively, you can live chat with us during business hours.