Better Place Australia has a vision of “An Australia where all people experience positive relationships, truly value each other and live safer, more confident lives”. As a community focused not-for-profit organisation with an ever-growing range of psychological and community support services, Better Place Australia is taking a leadership role in the provision of high-quality, effective services for a wide range of community groups across 23 locations in Victoria.
The Commonwealth Government has provided funding through North West Melbourne Primary Health Network (NWMPHN) to provide Psychological Services in Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACFs) in the North and Western regions of Melbourne. The position holder will deliver therapeutic interventions for residents of aged care facilities experiencing low-moderate depression and anxiety. Key deliverables will include:
- Provision of treatment by way of individual sessions (1:1 at RACF, via tele-health and phone)
- Reviewing the outcomes of sessions, supports and strategies.
- Referral of clients to alternative support services as and where required;
- Liaising with project team and group facilitator, contributing to group sessions where appropriate;
- Undertaking Capacity Building programs with Residential Aged Care Facility staff members.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified and registered as a credentialed Mental Health Social Worker (AASW), or;
- Possess other equivalent relevant Mental Health accreditation and registration (ie: AHPRA), and;
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as Social Work or alike
- Significant experience and interest in working with older adults with mental illness
- A flexible approach, the ability to work in an outreach capacity and an exceptional ability to build rapport
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence and access to own transport.
Better Place Australia is serious about being an employer of choice, to back that claim we offer:
- Generous above award salary rates
- Salary packaging (which increases your take-home pay)
- Additional annual leave (between Christmas and New Year)
- Annual leave loading of 17.5% loading
- An 11% superannuation contribution
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Up to 20 days family violence leave
- Paid study leave and extensive professional development opportunities
This position is available on a full time or part time basis (0.6 – 0.8 FTE) and will be based in the North West region of Melbourne.
Here at Better Place Australia, we embrace flexible ways of working including work from home. We encourage you to talk to us about what flexibility might look like for you and your individual needs.
Better Place Australia offers a workplace culture reflective of a vibrant, learning organisation where our people are highly engaged in their work and committed to making a difference. As an equal opportunity employer, we aim to create an inclusive environment where differences including gender, age, culture, disability, sexuality and family and caring responsibilities are valued. We invite you to be part of a not for profit organisation that fosters a diverse workplace.
Our organisation is committed to child safety and satisfactory completion of a Working with Children Check and National Police Check are mandatory for the preferred candidate.
Whilst we appreciate the interest of all prospective candidates, please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Apply today – we look forward to hearing from you.
Please make an enquiry if you would like to book an appointment for one of our services. Alternatively, you can live chat with us during business hours.