Better Place Australia has a vision of “An Australia where all people experience positive relationships, truly value each other and live safer, more confident lives”. As a community-focused not-for-profit organisation with an ever-growing range of psychological and community support services, Better Place Australia is taking a leadership role in the provision of high-quality, effective services for a wide range of community groups across 23 locations in Victoria.
Better Place Australia has been selected to provide counselling and mediation services by the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing.
To address the impacts associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, the Commonwealth Government has provided funding during 2020-21 through the South Eastern Primary Health Network (SEMPHN) to provide mental health services for older people residing either in the community or in Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACFs). The position holder will deliver therapeutic interventions for residents of aged care facilities and older people residing in the community experiencing mild-moderate mental health issues and/or social isolation in the Mornington Peninsula region. This role will work collaboratively with the wider RACF Psychological Services Program and Elder Abuse Prevention Service and utilise existing networks available in the region, as well as building on new relationships and networks. Key objectives associated with this role are:
- Provision of psychological therapies to improve the mental health and wellbeing of older adults where other psychological services are not available
- Collaboration with RACF staff (including General Practitioners) for those clients residing in RACFs and to work holistically with the family/friends/carers to provide psychoeducation on the wellbeing of the older person residing in the community
- Connecting older people to appropriate supports
- Re-establishing previous supports that may have been disrupted by COVID-19 (including Carers over 65)
Required Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Psychology and either general registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulatory Agency (AHPRA) or registered as a Mental Health Social Worker or eligible for registration as a qualified Social Worker
- Extensive experience in community settings and/or hospital settings undertaking high level client assessment, care planning and coordination
- Experience working in Aged Care and a sound understanding of the Aged Care Sector
- High level knowledge of complex care options and services available to the aged and ability to refer to appropriate services and agencies including community and health services.
Experience in aged Mental Health would be a distinct advantage.
Better Place Australia is serious about being an employer of choice and to back that claim we offer:
- Generous above award salary rates
- Salary packaging (which increases your take-home pay)
- Additional annual leave (between Christmas and New Year)
- Annual leave loading of 17.5% loading
- An 11% superannuation contribution
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Up to 20 days family violence leave
- Paid study leave and extensive professional development opportunities
Here at Better Place Australia, we embrace flexible ways of working including work from home. We encourage you to talk to us about what flexibility might look like for you and your individual needs.
Better Place Australia offers a workplace culture reflective of a vibrant, learning organisation where our people are highly engaged in their work and committed to making a difference. As an equal opportunity employer, we aim to create an inclusive environment where differences including gender, age, culture, disability, sexuality and family and caring responsibilities are valued. We invite you to be part of a not for profit organisation that fosters a diverse workplace.
Our organisation is committed to child safety and satisfactory completion of a Working with Children Check and National Police Check are mandatory for the preferred candidate.
This position is available on part time basis (0.6 FTE). Enquiries from prospective candidates may be directed to Ms Mandy Strange – Clinical and Program Lead Elder Services via email email@example.com
Whilst we appreciate the interest of all prospective candidates, please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Apply today – we look forward to hearing from you.
Please make an enquiry if you would like to book an appointment for one of our services. Alternatively, you can live chat with us during business hours.