Better Place Australia has a vision of “An Australia where all people experience positive relationships, truly value each other and live safer, more confident lives”. As a community-focused not-for-profit organisation with an ever-growing range of psychological and community support services, Better Place Australia is taking a leadership role in the provision of high-quality, effective services for a wide range of community groups across 23 locations in Victoria.
Better Place Australia has been selected to provide counselling and mediation services by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) through the provision of service delivery at the Orange Door in Heidelberg.
The appointee assumes responsibility for coordinating all client activity within the program with key work activities including the following:
- Undertaking high-level client assessment, care planning for clients, acting as a consultant with older clients in mediation services and referring clients to services that best meet their needs;
- Provision of counselling services to older clients where appropriate and coordination of all referrals to other services within Better Place Australia;
- Promotion of elder abuse prevention services through liaison and networking with relevant community services organisations, Aged Care Services, hospitals and alike.
Required Qualifications and Experience
To be considered for appointment to this role, prospective candidates must be a qualified Social Worker (AASW member or eligible for membership) preferably with postgraduate qualifications in Community Services, Aged Care or Counselling or possess another equivalent relevant qualification and/or professional experience.
The appointee will have extensive experience in undertaking high-level client assessment, care planning and coordination in both community and hospital settings and will have experience in and an understanding of the Aged Care sector.
High-level skills in screening and assessment of elder abuse are essential as is well developed knowledge of complex care options and services available to the aged. Other essential criteria include outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, excellent time management skills and highly developed problem-solving ability. A background in family violence would be distinct advantage.
Better Place Australia is serious about being an employer of choice, to back that claim we offer:
- Generous above award salary rates
- Salary packaging (which increases your take-home pay)
- Additional annual leave (between Christmas and New Year)
- Annual leave loading of 17.5% loading
- An 11% superannuation contribution
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Up to 20 days family violence leave
- Paid study leave and extensive professional development opportunities
This position is available on a part-time basis up to 0.6 FTE (days and spread of hours flexible) and would initially be located at the Better Place Australia office in Chadstone or Croydon.
Our organisation is committed to child safety and satisfactory completion of a Working with Children Check and National Police Check are mandatory for the preferred candidate.
Whilst we appreciate the interest of all prospective candidates, please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Apply today – we look forward to hearing from you.
Please make an enquiry if you would like to book an appointment for one of our services. Alternatively, you can live chat with us during business hours.