Better Place Australia has a vision of “An Australia where all people experience positive relationships, truly value each other and live safer, more confident lives”. As a community focused not-for-profit organisation with an ever-growing range of psychological and community support services, Better Place Australia is taking a leadership role in the provision of high-quality, effective services for a wide range of community groups across 25 locations in Victoria.
Better Place Australia has been selected to provide Elder Abuse counselling and mediation services by the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing through the provision of service delivery at the Orange Door in the Barwon region. This includes the City of Greater Geelong, Surf Coast Shire, Borough of Queenscliff and Colac Otway Shire.
The appointee assumes responsibility for coordinating all client activity within the program with key work activities including the following:
- Undertaking high level client assessment, care planning and counselling for older clients who are experiencing or at risk from Elder abuse;
- Coordination of Elder Abuse cases
- Promotion of elder abuse prevention services through liaison and networking with relevant community services organisations, Aged Care Services, hospitals and alike.
- Support with family meetings ,mediation and conflict management within family context
- Coordination of all referrals to external services
Required Qualifications and Experience
To be considered for appointment to this role, prospective candidates must be a qualified Social Worker (AASW member or eligible for membership) preferably with post graduate qualifications in Community Services, Aged Care or Counselling or possess another equivalent relevant qualification and/or professional experience. The appointee will have extensive experience in undertaking high level client assessment, care planning and coordination in both community and hospital settings and will have experience in and an understanding of the Aged Care sector. High level skills in screening and assessment of elder abuse are essential as is well developed knowledge of complex care options and services available to the aged. Other essential criteria include outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, excellent time management skills and highly developed problem-solving ability. A background in family violence would be distinct advantage.
Better Place Australia is serious about being an employer of choice and to back that claim we have:
- Attractive above-award salary rates
- Salary packaging (which increases your take home pay)
- Additional annual leave days (between Christmas and New Year)
- Annual leave loading of 17.5% loading
- An 11% superannuation contribution
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Up to 20 days family violence leave
- Paid study leave and extensive professional development opportunities
We also offer:
- Fortnightly 1:1 clinical supervision and bi-monthly group supervision
- A collegiate environment within a multidisciplinary team
- A separate team that takes care of business development related activities as well as administrative support that allows you to focus on your clinical work.
Here at Better Place Australia, we embrace flexible ways of working including work from home. We encourage you to talk to us about what flexibility might look like for you and your individual needs.
This position is available on a part time basis at 0.6 FTE (days and spread of hours flexible). This is an outreach role which covers the Barwon region of Melbourne incorporating service delivery in the City of Greater Geelong, Surf Coast Shire, Borough of Queenscliff and Colac Otway Shire.
Our organisation is committed to child safety and satisfactory completion of a Working with Children Check and National Police Check are mandatory for the preferred candidate.
Please note that pursuant to the Acting Chief Health Officer’s COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Direction (No 5), Better Place Australia requires employees to be vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 Vaccination and to provide evidence of vaccination by way of uploading a Digital Vaccination Certificate to our HRIS Information System (ConnX). You will be provided with relevant information including compliance dates during the recruitment process
Whilst we appreciate the interest of all prospective candidates, please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Apply today!
Please make an enquiry if you would like to book an appointment for one of our services. Alternatively, you can live chat with us during business hours.