Better Place Australia has a vision of “An Australia where all people experience positive relationships, truly value each other and live safer, more confident lives”. As a community-focused not-for-profit organisation with an ever-growing range of psychological and community support services, Better Place Australia is taking a leadership role in the provision of high-quality, effective services for a wide range of community groups across 25 locations in Victoria.
Applications are now invited from suitably qualified candidates keen to be considered for appointment as a Family and Relationships Counsellor.
The appointee is responsible for providing short-term counselling for individuals, couples and families. In doing so, the appointee will work closely with Better Place Australia colleagues in developing a coordinated and integrated approach to assisting clients to resolve relationship difficulties effectively.
- To be considered for this role, prospective candidates will need to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the effects of conflict on families and relationships together with knowledge and experience in brief therapy approaches and conflict resolution approaches.
- Experience in working with couples, families and individuals in a therapeutic/short-term counselling context.
- Experience in dealing with relationship issues, parenting issues and complex family dynamics.
- Membership or eligibility of membership with ACA (level 2 or above), PACFA, AASW or PBA.
- Candidates with mediation experience with adolescents and parents will be well regarded.
Better Place Australia is serious about being an employer of choice and to back that claim we have:
- Attractive above-award salary rates
- Salary packaging (which increases your take home pay)
- Additional annual leave days (between Christmas and New Year)
- Annual leave loading of 17.5% loading
- An 11% superannuation contribution
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Up to 20 days family violence leave
- Paid study leave and extensive professional development opportunities
We also offer:
- Fortnightly 1:1 clinical supervision
- Bi-monthly group supervision
- A collegiate environment within a multidisciplinary team
Like to know more?
This position is available on a part-time basis (0.8 FTE) at our Oakleigh office. Candidates seeking a full-time engagement are also encouraged to express interest. Evening work (until 8pm) will be required one evening per week.
Prospective candidates can also contact Ms Jhooma Barthwal (Regional Services Manager) for a confidential discussion on 9556 5333. We prefer to deal with you directly. Please note that unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.
Here at Better Place Australia, we embrace flexible ways of working including work from home. We encourage you to talk to us about what flexibility might look like for you and your individual needs.
Better Place Australia offers a workplace culture reflective of a vibrant, learning organisation where our people are highly engaged in their work and committed to making a difference. As an equal opportunity employer, we aim to create an inclusive environment where differences including gender, age, culture, disability, sexuality and family and caring responsibilities are valued. We invite you to be part of a not-for-profit organisation that fosters a diverse workplace.
Our organisation is committed to child safety and satisfactory completion of a Working with Children Check and National Police Check are mandatory for the preferred candidate.
Please note that pursuant to Pandemic COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Specified Facilities) Order 2022 (No 6), Better Place Australia requires employees to be vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 Vaccination and to provide evidence of vaccination by way of uploading a Digital Vaccination Certificate to our HR Information System (ConnX). You will be provided with relevant information including compliance dates during the recruitment process.
Whilst we appreciate the interest of all prospective candidates, please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted. We look forward to hearing from you. Apply today.
Please make an enquiry if you would like to book an appointment for one of our services. Alternatively, you can live chat with us during business hours.