Better Place Australia has a vision of “An Australia where all people experience positive relationships, truly value each other and live safer, more confident lives”. As a community focused not-for-profit organisation with an ever-growing range of psychological and community support services, Better Place Australia is taking a leadership role in the provision of high-quality, effective services for a wide range of community groups across 23 locations in Victoria.
This is an opportunity to join our expanding team of highly experienced and passionate people who want to make Australia a better place.
To address the impacts associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, the Commonwealth Government has provided funding during 2020-21 through the South Eastern Primary Health Network (SEMPHN) to provide mental health services for older people residing either in the community or in Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACF). The COVID-19 Mental Health Services for Older Adults initiative will aim to connect with older people who are at risk of, or who have, mental health issues and who are experiencing social isolation and/or loneliness to support their mental and physical health and wellbeing. Key objectives associated with this role are:
- Connecting older people to appropriate supports
- Re-establishing previous supports that may have been disrupted by COVID-19 (including Carers over 65)
- Provision of psychological therapies to improve the mental health and wellbeing of older adults where other psychological services are not available
- Working holistically with the family/friends/carers to provide psychoeducation on the wellbeing of the older person.
Required Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Psychology and either general registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulatory Agency (AHPRA) or registration as a Mental Health Social Worker; or other equivalent registration as a Mental Health Practitioner;
- Extensive experience in community settings and/or hospital settings undertaking high-level client assessment, care planning and coordination, and;
- Experience working in Aged Care and a sound understanding of the Aged Care Sector, and;
- High-level knowledge of complex care options and services available to the aged and ability to refer to appropriate services and agencies including community and health services.
Experience in aged Mental Health would be a distinct advantage.
Better Place Australia is serious about being an employer of choice, to back that claim we offer:
- Generous above award salary rates
- Salary packaging (which increases your take-home pay)
- Additional annual leave (between Christmas and New Year)
- Annual leave loading of 17.5% loading
- An 11% superannuation contribution
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Up to 20 days family violence leave
- Paid study leave and extensive professional development opportunities
This position is available on a maximum term, part-time basis (0.7 FTE) for a period of 12 months and will operate throughout the Mornington Peninsula region.
Enquiries from prospective candidates may be directed to Ms Mandy Strange – Clinical and Program Lead Elder Services via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our organisation is committed to child safety and satisfactory completion of a Working with Children Check and National Police Check are mandatory for the preferred candidate.
Whilst we appreciate the interest of all prospective candidates, please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Apply today – we look forward to hearing from you.
Please make an enquiry if you would like to book an appointment for one of our services. Alternatively, you can live chat with us during business hours.