Better Place Australia has a vision of “An Australia where all people experience positive relationships, truly value each other and live safer, more confident lives”. As a community-focused not-for-profit organisation with an ever-growing range of psychological and community support services, Better Place Australia is taking a leadership role in the provision of high-quality, effective services for a wide range of community groups across 25 locations in Victoria.
Applications are now invited for the role of Administration Team Leader. This role offers a unique blend of day to day office administration coupled with oversight of the broader administration team. Specifically, the position holder will:
- Provide reception and customer service support including the provision of assistance, attending to clients, answering queries, re-directing calls and taking messages
- Provide information and referral to people contacting Better Place Australia and where appropriate, make Practitioner appointments per Program/Service guidelines and workflows
- Undertake periodic reviews of the Administration Team performance relative to desired performance standards to identify areas of risk and/or opportunity for performance improvement
- Act as the first point of contact for members of the Administration team and supervise the duties of Administration Coordinators
- Coordinate the annual Performance Planning & Review (PPR) process across the Administration Team
- Induct new staff and promote team awareness and understanding of the mission, vision and values of Better Place Australia
- Ensure all team members are aware of, and comply with relevant practice, policies, procedures which apply to their day to day work.
Required Qualifications and Experience
To be considered for appointment, prospective candidates must be able to demonstrate experience in an office administration role requiring the supervision, coaching and mentoring of administrative team members. Expert computer literacy with a solid working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products [eg: MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint] is essential as is knowledge and experience with a Client Management System (CMS) ideally Penelope.
Other essential criteria include well-developed customer service and internal consulting skills; well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels and with various stakeholders; excellent written and verbal communication skills and the capacity to adapt to changing priorities and demands. Cultural sensitivity and the ability to build rapport with vulnerable clients is also essential. Our successful candidate will possess an eagerness to streamline administration processes coupled with a dynamic approach and engaging style.
This position would appeal to candidates seeking to take the next step in their career and to build on their leadership experience in an administrative team.
Better Place Australia is serious about being an employer of choice and to back that claim we offer:
- Attractive above-award salary rates
- Salary packaging (which increases your take-home pay)
- Additional annual leave days (between Christmas and New Year)
- Annual leave loading of 17.5% loading
- An 11% superannuation contribution
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Up to 20 days family violence leave
- Paid study leave and extensive professional development opportunities
Better Place Australia offers a workplace culture reflective of a vibrant, learning organisation where our people are highly engaged in their work and committed to making a difference. As an equal opportunity employer, we aim to create an inclusive environment where differences including gender, age, culture, disability, sexuality and family and caring responsibilities are valued. We invite you to be part of a not for profit organisation that fosters a diverse workplace.
This role is available on a full-time basis. Currently, we are working from home though as we emerge from COVID-19 arrangements, this role will be based at our Cheltenham Head Office and will require travel to all of Better Place Australia’s sites throughout metropolitan Melbourne and Gippsland.
Whilst we appreciate the interest of all prospective candidates, please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Apply today.
Please make an enquiry if you would like to book an appointment for one of our services. Alternatively, you can live chat with us during business hours.